At St Wilfrid’s RCVA Primary School, we are committed to equality. We aim for every pupil to fulfil their potential no matter what their needs. Our School is committed to anti-discriminatory practice to promote equality of opportunity and valuing diversity for all children and families.
We aim to:
- Provide a secure and accessible environment in which all our children can flourish and in which all contributions are considered and valued.
- Include and value the contribution of all families to our understanding of equality and diversity.
- Provide positive non-stereotyping information about gender roles, diverse ethnic and cultural groups and disabled people.
- Improve our knowledge and understanding of issues of anti-discriminatory practice, promoting equality and valuing diversity.
- Make inclusion a thread that runs through all of the activities of the school.
At St Wilfrid’s RCVA Primary School we are committed to our Mission Statement as a ‘School Family, growing together in Love Friendship and Faith’ and this embraces equal inclusion of all pupils in throughout all aspects of school life.
We recognise and celebrate the diverse and individual needs of all of our pupils and take into account the additional support required by those children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
‘Disabled pupils and those with special educational needs make good progress because of the good teaching and support they receive from teachers and highly skilled teaching assistants.’ (Ofsted June 2014)
If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.