Dear Parent & Carers,
Thank you for all your support over the last few weeks helping with our successful start to the new term.
Following yesterdays announcement about ‘Local Lockdown measures’ we will continue to keep in contact with you when we get updates. We hope everyone in our school community children, families and staff will follow the government guidance to help keep all of us as safe as possible. The easiest way for us to communicate longer messages is by email (our text service only does short messages) – please make sure we have an up to date email address as well as phone numbers.
We’ve emailed this letter as well as sending out a paper copy. Please check and if you haven’t received it please come to the school office to check we have the correct details.
Here is a reminder of what we are doing in school to limit risks for pupils and staff. Several parents have mentioned they are still having some anxiety around the children coming to school. Please be assured we are doing everything we can to make school as safe as possible.
What are we doing?
- Staggered drop off and pick up to limit numbers of people on site. Please stick to the correct times Group A – 8.45am drop off and 3.00pm pick up. Group B – 9.00am drop off and 3.15pm pick up.
- Asking adults to wear face coverings when on site. We made this decision because some people were finding social distancing a problem.
- Staff may wear face visors if working closely with pupils.
- Each class acts as a ‘bubble’.
- Each ‘bubble’ has an area to play on outside, has a time slot for lunch, has designated toilets and sinks.
- The staff are staying with their bubbles while in school.
- All staff are social distancing in school.
- Children are encouraged to social distance whenever possible.
- We’ve extra sinks outside on the yard for handwashing.
- Hand sanitizer all over school for frequent use.
- All pupils wash/sanitise hands when they arrive and leave school. Everyone encouraged to wash/sanitise hands during the day.
- No school bags coming into school.
- Children bringing in own water bottles so no sharing of cups in class.
- All pupils wear PE Kit on the day of their lesson.
- If anyone is showing symptoms in school they are isolated, sent home and recommended to have a test. If test is negative they come back to school.
- If a test is positive – the whole bubble will be contacted and they will have to isolate for 14 days.
- All classrooms and areas in school thoroughly cleaned each day. Extra cleaning during the school day of toilets, sinks and touch points (door handles, taps etc)
The link below will take you to a poster with some helpful information if you have concerns if your child is ill and whether to send them to school.
We know a lot of families have concerns and additional stress at the moment. Please remember you can contact school and if we can help in any way we will try or might be able to find other local services who can help.
Take care and stay safe,